About the Legacy Society
The Legacy Society is an honor club for those who have made gifts to Barrington Stage through bequests, life income gifts, insurance policies and other estate planning vehicles.
Friends who are making legacies to the theatre in their estate and financial plans will fulfill their philanthropic goals by helping Barrington Stage build endowment and provide for the ongoing needs of the theatre.
Membership in the Legacy Society is one way that Barrington Stage expresses its appreciation to these important supporters.
Benefits of Membership
The greatest benefit of belonging to The Legacy Society is the satisfaction of knowing that your long-range plans will help ensure Barrington Stage remains a Berkshire County cultural institution. As a member, you will also receive these special benefits:
- Recognition in the Society’s membership roster (only with your permission.)
- Preferred seating at all shows you attend.
Requirements for Membership in the Barrington Stage Legacy Society
You become a member of the society when you indicate in writing that you have made an estate gift to Barrington Stage. Some gifts that qualify you for membership are:
- Making a bequest in a will or trust.
- Naming Barrington Stage as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- Creating a life income gift, such as a charitable reminder trust or gift annuity, that will ultimately benefit Barrington Stage.
- Naming Barrington Stage as a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan.
- Naming Barrington Stage as a beneficiary of a savings account.
- Many other gifts may qualify as well.
How to Join the Barrington Stage Legacy Society
To join The Legacy Society, please complete the enrollment form or contact the Development Office directly via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 413-499-5446 x110.