Create an 11″ x 14” poster that promotes our 2018 Youth Theatre production,
Roald Dahl’s James and the Giant Peach!
Sponsored in part by Macaroni Kid
- Must use all the 11 x 14” space.
- The poster MUST contain the full name of the show ROALD DAHL’S JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH.
- Please DO NOT include Barrington Stage Company, URL, phone number. BSC will add that to the bottom of the poster.
- Templates for the poster are available online or can be picked up at Wolfson Center, 122 North Street, Pittsfield.
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
- Does the poster effectively illustrate and convey the show?
- Does the poster clearly express the message of the show?
- Does the poster convey that it’s a musical production?
- All entries must be received by June 15, 2018 at 5pm.
- Posters may be dropped off at or mailed to: Attn: Giant Peach Poster Contest, Wolfson Center, 122 North Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201.
- Image size: 11″ x 14”.
- Please include artist’s name, age, contact information (including email and phone) on the back of the poster.
- Winners will be selected in the following categories: 8-11, 12-15 years of age.
- Poster orientation: Portrait. If submittal is not in the right orientation it will be disqualified.
- Only original artwork will be considered.
- Collage art (like Eric Carle) will be accepted. Magazines, newspapers. etc., MAY NOT BE USED.
- Contest is open to anyone within the appropriate age group.
- Barrington Stage representatives will choose the finalists. We will notify the winners by June 22nd as well as post the winners on our website.
Any questions? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
With your submission you confirm that the creation and its copyright is fully owned by you and that you have respected all copyrights of others. Any creation using copyrighted material will be withdrawn from the competition. Should a copyright owner come forward after the poster has been selected, produced or distributed, the person who has submitted the poster for the competition accepts full liability for all resulting claims, damages and costs. The posters are the property of Barrington Stage Company.
The winner in each category will win the following:
- 8 tickets to Roald Dahl’s James and the Giant Peach
- Meet and greet with cast following the show
- Hardcover copy of Roald Dahl’s James and the Giant Peach signed by the cast of the show
- Your poster produced and displayed at Berkshire Museum, BSC offices at 122 North Street and Berkshire Athenaeum. Also featuring placement on Macaroni Kids and BSC’s official website.
Roald Dahl’s James and the Giant Peach is a brand new take on this “masterpeach” of a tale. Featuring a wickedly tuneful score and a witty and charming book, this is an adventurous musical about courage and self-discovery. When James is sent by his conniving aunts to chop down their old fruit tree, he discovers a magic potion that grows a tremendous peach, rolls into the ocean and launches a journey of enormous proportions. James befriends a collection of singing insects that ride the giant piece of fruit across the ocean, facing hunger, sharks and plenty of disagreements along the way. Written by the Academy and Tony Award-winning team that created the music for Dear Evan Hansen, LaLa Land, and A Christmas Story, the Musical.