Mainstage Socially Distanced (SD) Seating
In order to offer our patrons the safest and most enjoyable experience possible, the following policies will be in effect through the 2020 season. All policies will continue until further notice.
To give everyone additional space while entering and exiting the theatre, we are creating multiple entrances for our patrons:
- Patrons with tickets in the Front Orchestra (Rows A–F) will be asked to enter through the side door, located to the left of our main entrance on Union St.
- Patrons with tickets in the Rear Orchestra (Rows G–M) will be asked to enter through our main entrance.
- Patrons with tickets in the Mezzanine (Rows AA–GG) will be asked to enter through the door under the awning on the east side of the building.
We strongly encourage patrons to print their tickets at home or select an e-ticket to refer to upon arrival. There will be a tent set up near the east entrance for will call. Tickets will not exchange hands or be scanned at the door to minimize physical interactions. Instead, an usher at each door will check patrons in by last name.
New Travel Restrictions
All visitors entering Massachusetts (including residents returning from out-of-state) are expected to self-quarantine for 14 days (or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts), except those traveling from New England, New York and New Jersey. Healthcare, public health, public safety, transportation and other essential workers are exempt from the 14 day self-quarantine requirement.
The Patron Experience
- All patrons are required to wear masks until further notice. Masks will not be supplied at the theatre. Masks must remain on the entire time.
- All patrons will have their temperature checked before entering the theatre with a no-touch thermometer. If a patron has a temperature of over 100.4 degrees or higher, they will be asked to return home and will be given a free exchange to a later performance or a full refund.
- All programs will be digital, rather than printed, to minimize transference.
- There will be ample hand sanitizer available at strategic places in the lobby, in the theatre and in the restrooms. There will also be disposable gloves available for patrons while using the handrail on the stairs.
- All shows performed at the Mainstage through Labor Day will be performed without intermissions to minimize lines to restrooms.
- For the safety of our patrons, volunteers and staff, the concession stand and gift shop will remain closed.
- At the end of the show, patrons will exit by row to minimize crowding and maximize space.
- Online purchases will be restricted to groups of 2 or 3 consecutive seats. If you are attending with a larger group, please call the box office at 413.236.8888 for accommodations.
The “New” Theatre
- We have removed every other row of seats with 2 vacant seats between each party (see map for further clarification) so getting to your seats doesn’t involve close contact with other patrons in your row. No actor will come within 12 feet of the first row of the audience.
- The entire theatre, including seats, armrests, countertops and other high-touch surfaces, will be sanitized after each performance using a combination of hi-tech electrostatic sprayers, disinfectant sprays and wipes.
- We have made major upgrades to our air ventilation system. We are now using MERV-13 filters that will be replaced monthly (normally we would be changing MERV-8 filters quarterly). Every night the entire theatre will have 100% of the air inside purged and swapped with 100% fresh air from outside. During performances, the ratio to fresh outside air to recirculated air will go from 20:80 to 50:50.