Mainstage Socially Distanced (SD) Seating
In order to offer our patrons the safest and most enjoyable experience possible, the following policies will be in effect through the 2020 season. Policies will be reviewed before the fall show, but out of an abundance of caution, all policies will continue until further notice.
Additionally, we will be taking social distancing measures at our TBD outdoor venue.
To give everyone additional space while entering and exiting the theatre, we are creating multiple entrances for our patrons:
- Patrons with tickets in the Front Orchestra (Rows A–F) will be asked to enter through the side door, located to the left of our main entrance on Union St.
- Patrons with tickets in the Rear Orchestra (Rows G–M) will be asked to enter through our main entrance.
- Patrons with tickets in the Mezzanine (Rows AA–GG) will be asked to enter through the door under the awning on the east side of the building.
We strongly encourage patrons to print their tickets at home or select an e-ticket to refer to upon arrival. There will be a tent set up near the east entrance for will call. Tickets will not exchange hands or be scanned at the door to minimize physical interactions. Instead, an usher at each door will check patrons in by last name.
- We will be removing every other row of seats with 2 vacant seats between each party (see map for further clarification) so getting to your seats doesn’t involve close contact with other patrons in your row.
- All patrons are required to wear masks until further notice. Masks will not be supplied at the theatre. Masks must remain on the entire time.
- The entire theatre, including seats, armrests, countertops and other high-touch surfaces, will be sanitized after each performance using a combination of disinfectant sprays, wipes and hi-tech electrostatic sprayers.
- Our programs will be digital, rather than printed, to minimize tranference.
- All shows performed at the Mainstage through Labor Day will be performed without intermissions to minimize lines to restrooms.
- There will be ample hand sanitizer available at strategic places in the lobby, in the theatre and in the restrooms. There will also be disposable gloves available for patrons while using the handrail on the stairs.
- For the safety of our patrons, volunteers and staff, the concession stand and gift shop will remain closed.
- We will encourage patrons to use all available exits at the end of the show and will exit by row to minimize crowding and maximize space.
- Online purchases will be restricted to groups of 2 or 3 consecutive seats. If you are attending with a larger group, please call the box office at 413.236.8888 for accommodations.