Barrington Stage Company is a professional non-profit 501(c)(3) regional theatre serving an annual audience of more than 52,000 and producing plays, musicals and cabarets in four venues: our Boyd-Quinson Mainstage, St. Germain Stage, Mr. Finn’s Cabaret, and Youth Theatre at Berkshire Museum.
Based in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, in the central Berkshires, our theatre has become an integral part of downtown Pittsfield’s economic revitalization, offering year-round productions, playwriting workshops, special events, and educational programs for youth. To learn more about our mission and work, click here.
Ticket sales cover just 50% our operating expenses. Contributions from donors provide vital support for our Boyd-Quinson Mainstage productions and other programs. Whether big or small, every gift helps. If you like what we do, please consider becoming an annual member at Barrington Stage, attending a special event or volunteering your time.
Here are the many ways that you can play a role!
- Become an Annual Member
- Become a Business Partner
- Attend our 20 Seasons Celebration
- Support our Education Scholarship Fund
- Become a Volunteer
Ways You Can Give
Contributions can be mailed to:
Barrington Stage Company
ATTN: Nick DeMarco, Development Associate
30 Union Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Phone: 413-499-5446 x116
Please note that we also accept:
- Gifts of Stock
A transfer of stock may be made directly to BSC’s broker at Wachovia Services, Pittsfield, MA. We kindly ask that you notify BSC of your gift so that we may acknowledge it appropriately and ensure the correct transfer of funds. Please contact Roxie Pin, Director of Development, at 413 499-5446, x110 or email Roxie to receive stock transfer instructions.
Grants from local and national foundations play an important role in the work of BSC by providing valuable general operating support, as well as providing vital support for existing and new programs. For more information about programs you can support, or other ways you can give, contact Roxie Pin, Director of Development, at 413-499-5446 x110 or or email Roxie.
- Matching Gifts
Your company may match your contribution. Ask your human resources department whether or not they match charitable gifts, and double the impact of your gift.
A charitable bequest helps to secure the future of Barrington Stage. For more information about making a planned gift to BSC, please call Roxie Pin, Director of Development, at 413 499-5446, ext. 110 or or email Roxie.
Other ways to support BSC
BSC’s special events are a key part of our fundraising efforts.
- 20 Seasons Celebration – July 7, 2014 (New date. New time. New place. New event.) – This is BSC’s largest and most high profile fundraiser of the year. Click for more details.
- Education Benefit – September 12, 2014 – The benefit includes tickets to Suzanne Vega in concert and a post-show reception with Ms. Vega. All proceeds go to our education program which then offers scholarships to KidsAct!, Musical Theatre Apprentice Program and our Playwright Mentoring Project which helps youth at risk to experience life through theater. The Benefit is Sponsored by Greylock Federal Credit Union.
- BSC/NYC Benefit – November 3, 2014 – All proceeds go to our New Works Initiative. BSC believes that new work is the heart and soul of theatre. A New Works Commission will allow a playwright or a composer/lyricist team to be nurtured and supported.
Education Scholarship Fund
BSC provides scholarships to students-in-need to attend BSC’s summer KidsAct! program. $500 sends a child to camp for three weeks, and gives him/her an opportunity to learn collaborative skills as well as acting, movement, dance, stage combat and voice.
If you have any questions or would like to make a donation by phone, please call the BSC Development Office at 413-499-5446 x110 or email Roxie.
Shop and Support BSC!
We love to shop in our local community and encourage you to do so as well. If you find yourself shopping online, please consider shopping through the Amazon Smile program. For eligible purchases, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Barrington Stage.