Barrington Stage Company, the award-winning theatre in downtown Pittsfield, MA, is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented Marketing Associate to join our team. This position supports the activities of the Marketing Department by working with the Director of Marketing to:
- Manage annual Season Playbill advertising sales including soliciting local businesses, coordinating collection of advertising artwork, invoicing advertisers and planning semi-annual advertisers’ receptions. Manage all trade relationships and coordinate with departments to ensure trade needs are met.
- Implement promotional marketing strategies for promotion of all shows and events including distributing brochures and posters, representing BSC at public events and festivals and developing grassroots marketing campaigns
- Liaise with the Press Director to coordinate interviews, develop media kits, and collect and organize all press clippings.
- Assist with video marketing plan including recording and editing video footage for off-season productions for promotional use
- Provide Box Office support during daytime box office hours and for off-season rentals and events at the theatre, as needed.
- Assist in supervising seasonal marketing intern
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
Minimum Qualifications: Love of theatre, fluency in MS Word and Excel, excellent communication skills, collaborative ability, willingness to work evenings and weekends. Some experience with video editing software (FinalCut Pro, iMovie) is helpful but not necessarily required. Send resume and cover letter to Laura Roudabush, Director of Marketing, Barrington Stage Company, 30 Union Street, Pittsfield, MA or email Laura. No phone calls, please.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The purpose of the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to ensure equal opportunity in the conduct of all Barrington Stage Company business activities.
In addition, BSC business decisions shall be made without regard to the following:race, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or sexual orientation.
It is the policy of BSC to provide an atmosphere free of:
- Religious bias.
- Harassment on the basis of a person’s national origin.
- Discrimination against any employee or applicant because he/she is a disabled veteran.
- Discrimination against any employee or applicant as a result of their physical disability in accordance with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”).
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) is intended to protect qualified individuals with disabilities against discrimination in employment and in the provision of services to the public. BSC is committed to compliance with the ADA and will engage in the interactive process with the candidate or employee to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be found as soon as it is put on notice of the potential need for an accommodation. All employees are strictly prohibited from discriminating against qualified applicants or employees with actual or perceived disabilities, or patrons with actual or perceived disabilities. All requests for accommodation should be made in writing and directed to the Managing Director.