Job OpportunitiesBSC Admin
FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
The Graphic Designer helps the company achieve its revenue goals by communicating the artistic mission and image of Barrington Stage Company in all digital and print media. All departments within the company are the clients of the Graphic Designer. The Graphic Designer works with the Director of Marketing to:
- Design and maintain consistent branding of all BSC materials across organization
- Oversee all internal print design projects including but not limited to posters, postcards, brochures, advertisements, programs, season playbill, letters and signage;
- Design digital graphics and communications including weekly email newsletters and graphics for BSC website and social media platforms
- Maintain BSC website; making all necessary changes; in conjunction with Marketing Associate insure that the website is current and functional
- Develop visual identities for each production and event in digital and print formats in conjunction with the creative director
- Work closely with printing companies to gather bids and achieve consistent quality and timely delivery of print jobs
- Maintain archive of photographs of past seasons
- Route marketing collateral for comments/approvals
- Coordinate with other departments to service their design needs in conjunction with the Marketing Associate
- Work with the Director of Marketing to meet deadlines, determine workload, and maintain quality and consistency;
Position requires a bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area and two years’ experience in a marketing environment.
- Excellent design skills in Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS and WordPress
- Knowledge of video editing software preferred, including iMovie and FinalCutPro
- A demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure and with grace
- Ability to enact design concepts quickly, with eye toward organizational mission and goal
- A demonstrated ability to accept and translate feedback from others in design work
- An ability to create compelling sales materials
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and diplomacy skills
- A passion for theatre and the arts
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent knowledge and experience
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, design samples and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “graphic designer” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Marketing Associate supports the activities of the Marketing Department by working with the Director of Marketing to:
- Execute Social Media Campaign based on overall strategy and tone to be determined by the Director of Marketing
- Place paid media outside of digital
- Implement promotional marketing strategies for all shows and events including distribution of brochures and posters, representing BSC at public events and festivals and developing grassroots marketing campaigns, local strategies and community outreach
- Coordinate graphic needs with individual departments; work with Director of Marketing on materials timeline for projects outside of marketing.
- Serve as primary liaison for BSC with members of the press locally; press releases developed by MRPR and tailored for local including listings
- Liaise with the Press Director to coordinate interviews, develop media kits, and collect and organize all press clippings.
- Coordinate and select publicity photos
- Coordinate videographer intern to develop content and archival footage
- Assist in supervising seasonal marketing interns
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing
Minimum Qualifications: Love of theatre, fluency in MS Word and Excel, excellent communication skills, collaborative ability, willingness to work evenings and weekends. Experience in social media marketing a plus. Some experience with video editing software (FinalCut Pro, iMovie) is helpful but not necessarily required.
Send resume and cover letter to Carol Chiavetta, Director of Marketing, Barrington Stage Company: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Applications for the Summer of 2016 will be accepted starting in January.
For information about our Summer Internships please click here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The purpose of the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to ensure equal opportunity in the conduct of all Barrington Stage Company business activities.
In addition, BSC business decisions shall be made without regard to the following: race, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or sexual orientation.
It is the policy of BSC to provide an atmosphere free of:
- Religious bias.
- Harassment on the basis of a person’s national origin.
- Discrimination against any employee or applicant because he/she is a disabled veteran.
- Discrimination against any employee or applicant as a result of their physical disability in accordance with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”).
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) is intended to protect qualified individuals with disabilities against discrimination in employment and in the provision of services to the public. BSC is committed to compliance with the ADA and will engage in the interactive process with the candidate or employee to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be found as soon as it is put on notice of the potential need for an accommodation. All employees are strictly prohibited from discriminating against qualified applicants or employees with actual or perceived disabilities, or patrons with actual or perceived disabilities. All requests for accommodation should be made in writing and directed to the Managing Director.