Job OpportunitiesBSC Admin
FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
The Graphic Designer helps the company achieve its revenue goals by communicating the artistic mission and image of Barrington Stage Company in all digital and print media. All departments within the company are the clients of the Graphic Designer. The Graphic Designer works with the Director of Marketing to:
- Design and maintain consistent branding of all BSC materials across organization
- Oversee all internal print design projects including but not limited to posters, postcards, brochures, advertisements, programs, season playbill, letters and signage;
- Design digital graphics and communications including weekly email newsletters and graphics for BSC website and social media platforms
- Develop visual identities for each production and event in digital and print formats
- Work closely with printing companies to gather bids and achieve consistent quality and timely delivery of print jobs
- Maintain archive of photographs of past seasons
- Route marketing collateral for comments/approvals
- Coordinate with other departments to service their design needs
- Work with the Director of Marketing to meet deadlines, determine workload, and maintain quality and consistency;
Position requires a bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area and two years’ experience in a marketing environment.
- Excellent design skills in Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS and WordPress
- Knowledge of video editing software preferred, including iMovie and FinalCutPro
- A demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure and with grace
- Ability to enact design concepts quickly, with eye toward organizational mission and goal
- A demonstrated ability to accept and translate feedback from others in design work
- An ability to create compelling sales materials
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and diplomacy skills
- A passion for theatre and the arts
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent knowledge and experience
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, design samples and three references to email@example.com with “graphic designer” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Associate Director of Education
The position of Associate Director of Education is a full-time, exempt position with BSC. The primary responsibilities of the position are the oversight and management of the Playwright Mentoring Project and the Music Theatre Conservatory. Secondary responsibilities include assisting the Dir. of Education with general departmental administration, planning and fundraising.
The Associate Director of Education reports to the Director of Education and the Artistic Director.
The Associate Director of Education position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Director of the Playwright Mentoring Project (PMP), which includes:
- Hiring and mentoring all Artistic Mentors and Peer Mentors
- Recruiting participants through schools and community groups
- Organizing and running the two-day workshop for all PMP mentors in October of each year
- Creating curriculum and running programming for monthly PMP staff meetings for additional staff training
- Working with the Playwright and participants to create final 20-25 minute plays
- Reviewing PMP reports for each session/rehearsal and notifying necessary staff, including BSC’s Artistic Director, the group’s therapist and the Director of Education of any serious issues that arise
- Functioning as a liaison between PMP and the Mental Health Counselors.
- Overseeing all production aspects of the performances
- With the Education Fellow, coordinating spaces and meeting times for each group
- With the Education Fellow, scheduling performances at local schools, community centers, BSC, etc.
- With the Education Fellow, administering and compiling surveys filled out by the participants for program evaluation
- Tracking and submitting time sheets for the artistic and peer mentors
- Coordinating documentation (video, photos, etc.).
- Updating the guidebook
- Purchasing materials (including food) needed for weekly PMP sessions
Director of the Musical Theatre Conservatory, which includes:
- Developing relationships with colleges and conservatory programs that further their understanding of our MTC program
- Overseeing all publicity and ads in theatre publications
- Overseeing all applicant video submissions and then sending qualifying applicants’ video material to Artistic Director Julianne Boyd and Darren Cohen, MTC musical advisor
- Hiring all teachers and Master Artists
- Scheduling all classes
- Overseeing all MTC performances
Preferred start date is August 24th. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assoc Dir of Educ” in the subject line.
No available positions at this time.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2015 Professional Internship Program.
Applications for next summer will be accepted starting in January 2016.
For information about our Summer Internships please click here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The purpose of the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to ensure equal opportunity in the conduct of all Barrington Stage Company business activities.
In addition, BSC business decisions shall be made without regard to the following:race, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or sexual orientation.
It is the policy of BSC to provide an atmosphere free of:
- Religious bias.
- Harassment on the basis of a person’s national origin.
- Discrimination against any employee or applicant because he/she is a disabled veteran.
- Discrimination against any employee or applicant as a result of their physical disability in accordance with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”).
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) is intended to protect qualified individuals with disabilities against discrimination in employment and in the provision of services to the public. BSC is committed to compliance with the ADA and will engage in the interactive process with the candidate or employee to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be found as soon as it is put on notice of the potential need for an accommodation. All employees are strictly prohibited from discriminating against qualified applicants or employees with actual or perceived disabilities, or patrons with actual or perceived disabilities. All requests for accommodation should be made in writing and directed to the Managing Director.